Sunday 17 January 2010

Species Lists Update

The species lists for Frog End are growing longer every few days, so rather than blogging each addition I've decided to add the lists to the right hand side of the blog. So far I've only put up mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, butterflies and dragonflies, but I hope to add some other insect groups later in the year (when I've identified some more from my photographs).

This rather bedraggled garden tiger moth?? caterpillar was on the house wall yesterday:

6 comments:

holdingmoments said...

He does look a sorry state doesn’t he. It’s a wonder he’s survived this cold weather.
Impressive list of wildlife visitors too.

JOHN SHORTLAND, Cotswold Hills, England. said...

A great idea having a list and it makes interesting reading too.

Congratulations to you and Ian!

Johnson

Helen said...

Thank you both. I'm hoping to brush up on my identification skills to add lists for moths, hoverflies, bugs and beetles over the next few months.

Scriptor Senex said...

I either didn't know or had forgotten that you'd had a Long-tailed Tit. Lucky soul.

Helen said...

Long-tailed tits arrived yesterday for the first time - they fed off a fat block Ian put out during the snow (that most of the birds didn't touch until the snow melted). Of course they left as soon as I turned on the camera ;-)

Helen said...

Thanks very much Alena. Great to have you following along,

Helen.